Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I bought mine slightly used. It had 200-300 rds throught it. It has been 100% reliable for approx 700-800 rds so far. The fit is actually better than my CQB. The beavertail on my CQB has too much play, as well as its trigger. The finish is good. The grip feel is a little blockier than a standard (steel) 1911, but not that bad. At least in my hands, accuracy has been just as good as my CQB. I don't think you'd see a difference unless you ransom rest it. Although, I have no problem shooting with Wilson's Night Eyes, I'd prefer their newer 463 series (Pyrmid) sights. Overall, I'm happy with mine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have in excess of 5K rounds thorugh my KZ. Other than a grip safety problem I had to pay a local gunsmith to fix after Wilson's did not, I have had no problems from mine.

It shoots extremely accurately, the recoil recovery time is super fast, and it is very reliable. The mags have never been a problem and in fact are very easy to insert during tactical reloads as you are putting a single stack top into a double stack opening.

The fit and finish are fine for a tactical pistol. The Armor-Tuff finish does show wear very quickly so please be so advised.

That said, you should be quite pleased with your KZ.

Good shooting,

Dean

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've had one for awhile. I love the gun. Its a VERY early one[one of the first Dozen guns shipped], and the only problem I've had was related to the extractor, which WILSON happily adjusted. The mag's are one of the best parts of the gun, very well made, and no bigger than they need to be. I don't thiunk the fit and finish is 'quite' as nice as my CQB, but its dam nice for the price. And the gun groups well... a ragged hole at 25 yards.

I like the gun and don't regret my purchase a bit.....I don't think you will either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.