Pistol Smith Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Registered
372 Posts
Mark,

I just took a look at your site. Very nice stuff you have there :grin:

Got a question for you: have you every built any 10mm blasters?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JLM on 2001-05-20 20:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JLM on 2001-05-20 20:25 ]</font>

· Registered
248 Posts
Have to add Greg Copeland of Copeland Custom in Ark City, KS, to the list of excellent, but little known, gunsmiths. He's built or worked on pistols for just about every member of the Echo Valley Pistol Club. His work is uniformly great.

Chad

· Registered
709 Posts
How about Teddy Jacobson in Houston, "Actions by "T".? I was referred to Teddy for smoothing out the trigger on my Kahr P9 which turned out great. I also enjoyed visiting with Teddy for a while and learned that he builds full house 1911's. I believe he chooses premium parts, coupled with superb attention to detail to the "innards" that make for perfect functioning. Website is http://www.actionsbyt.com/

Here are pictures of one of his finished pieces with a damascus slide. Beautiful!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonerguy on 2001-05-27 14:16 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonerguy on 2001-05-27 14:17 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonerguy on 2001-05-27 14:19 ]</font>

· Registered
2,000 Posts
Try Murphy's Gunsmithing in Tucson, AZ. Brian Murphy does a
BHP to rival Kurt Wickmann!!

· Registered
218 Posts
I want to thank the TONER GUY for the kind words. I work on over 100 different models of handguns for police and law enforcement nationwide. I make 1911 pistols. I write articles for American Gunsmith magazine once a month. I have 23 gun informational videos available. I will all answer all private emails addressed to [email protected]

Thanks Toner Guy

Teddy Jacobson / pistolsmith
http://www.actionsbyt.com

· Registered
939 Posts
Welcome, Teddy! I own a Sig that a friend had an action job done on by you, always meant to call and talk turn-around time on a couple other pieces, never got it done.

I will email you, good to see you in the mix here.

· Registered
372 Posts
I have read a lot of rave reviews over on the HK-PRO forum about Teddy's actions jobs. Sounds like someone worth checking out :smile:

· Registered
186 Posts
Teddy worked his magic on my Beretta 92FS. The trigger went from a gritty-stacky DA pull of 15lbs to a totally smooth 9lbs. The SA pull is 4lbs and so crisp it feels even less.

Teddy is a straight talker and doesn't hold anything back! And he's a heck of a nice guy too. I've been singing his praises for a while. Glad to hear others have had similar experiences.

· Registered
552 Posts
Agree on Teddy & his work. He even worked my spongy Glock 34 into a nice IDPA gun with a predictable, consistant trigger break. This is with the std. OEM Glock 5 lb. connector. Taught me that a good trigger on a Glock is not one and the same as using a 3.5 conn. and a bunch of aftermarket add-on or Ti parts.
Like his No-Bull but packed with pertinent, usable info Video tapes too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pistolero on 2001-05-28 23:44 ]</font>

· Registered
218 Posts
I want to thank Dane Burns for the nice comment about my work.I have done so many different guns for so many people both private and law enforcement. My work is totally different on the inside.
I use products from other industries regarless of the cost to me. If any one has a question I can help with Please let me know. I have heard that videki is going out of business, DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE?

Thanks

Teddy Jacobson / pistolsmith
http://www.actionsbyt.com
[email protected]
281 277 4008

· Registered
218 Posts
Thanks for al the nice comments I realized a lot of you people know me. I spoke with my friend Lou Alessi today and no one makes better Holsters than LOU. Ask him about the 2 guns I did for him. Masaad ayoob sends me a lot of customers also, hes a smart man when it comes to law and reality of a shooting. I have about 5 or 6 shootings per year with the guns I do.

Thanks
Teddy

· Registered
2,000 Posts
Teddy,
You did a trigger on my HK USPc .45(now a .40 Super as well), and
a reliability job, and trijicon sights and I've got to say
thanks! I know I told you thanks after the job, but I want to
say it loud! The HK trigger is pretty crappy out of the box,
but Teddy's work made it damn good, maybe not Sig or Berreta
good, but pretty close! If you're considering carrying an HK,
send it to Teddy!

· Registered
2 Posts
Joe Cominolli owner of Quality Custom Handguns in Syracuse, NY gets my vote. He has done a number of my Pistols from reliability packages to full house custom packages. His work is second to none & he takes the time to talk at length with you to make sure he knows what you want. He has even talked me out of some work my last Pistol did not need.

http://www.cominolli.com/

Steve

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.