Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that someone out there makes (and sells) 9mm ammo that is loaded specifically for IDPA (just enough vel to consistently meet the 125k power factor). I'd like to buy some for my girlfriend (for use in her Glock 34). Does anyone have a contact for this ammo? Or if not, do you have a recommendation regarding the lowest recoiling 9mm ammo available? (I have various reduced power recoil springs, so the need to cycle the stock spring is not an issue)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Roverman on 2001-05-16 08:05 ]</font>

·
Registered
503 Posts
On 2001-05-16 07:53, Roverman wrote:
I understand that someone out there makes (and sells) 9mm ammo that is loaded specifically for IDPA (just enough vel to consistently meet the 125k power factor). I'd like to buy some for my girlfriend (for use in her Glock 34). Does anyone have a contact for this ammo? Or if not, do you have a recommendation regarding the lowest recoiling 9mm ammo available? (I have various reduced power recoil springs, so the need to cycle the stock spring is not an issue)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Roverman on 2001-05-16 08:05 ]</font>
Cor-Bon also makes it (FWIW Triton is probably better). However be careful and don't buy too much before you let your Girlfriend actually fire it. Glocks in 9mm are very closely engineered and I have seen some light people who have frequent malfunctions (I presume this is not currently a problem with your girlfriend) and loading down may cause this problem for those who have not yet had it.

The triton seems to be loaded with a 135 gr. bullet which might help. It worked well for all the guys on Team Triton last year but I don't recall if they shot any Glocks.

FWIW, I changed our issue ammo for those that carry 9mms to the 135 Triton +P... good stuff, for a 9 (if that is possible :grin:).

Cordially,
Jim Higginbotham

1 - 3 of 3 Posts