Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M.I.S.S. Metal Mania - Saturday, August 18, 2001

MID-SOUTH INSTITUTE OF SELF-DEFENSE SHOOTING, Lake Cormorant, Mississippi
Presents "Mid-South Metal Mania", a Reactionary Speed Steel Match.

Date: Saturday, August 18, 2001

After the Metal Mania, we will have a Man-On-Man Shoot-Off! No extra fee!

This is an all day, 170-700 round match. (Bring extra rounds for the
Shoot-Off!)
It's just about the most shooting you'll ever do for $75.00!
Lunch is included in the entry fee + a free M.I.S.S. T-Shirt. Come join us!

Register today! The match is limited to the first 75 paid shooters.
Please call Mid-South (662.781.1112) or
email [email protected] to register.

Complete Match Details, photos from prior matches and an application
can be found at http://www.weaponstraining.com/mania

Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I shot Metal Mania and had a lot of fun. My first observation is this match is designed for fun and not intended to have any tactical relevance (except reinforcing Front Sight-Trigger Press).

The match consisted of shooting most of the steel target arrays at Mid-South (there were quite a few) and shooters are rated by taking the total time. Feel free to bring any "gamer" gear you have as long as it isn't a compensator or optics. My favorite was the competitor that shot a Sig P226 with 20 round magazines completely elminating the need for mag changes.

If you want a fun way to test your shooting skill and nothing else, its a good time. I consider myself a serious defensive shooter but I plan on making every Metal Mania that I can - its just plain fun.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John,
Glad you had fun! BTW, I don't remember who had the 20 round Sig mag this time, but in past matches I remember some guys who used the 20 round Sig Mags. Except I don't know if they were really "gaming it", they were specops guys and they really use those mags while operating!

Of course, the funny thing is if you need 20 rounds during a course of fire at Metal Mania, you are missing too much and will post a poor score anyway.

Regards,
Howard Benz
Memphis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.