Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kimber Stainless Target has been perfect until last weekend. I put about 700 rounds or so through it over the last six months. Saturday, it suffered 3 FTFs w/SWC rounds. Worse, occasionally the hammer would fall to half cock on slide release after inserting a new magazine. The slide was always locked back by the previous empty magazine.

When the pistol was NIB, I had the trigger lightened to 3# before taking it home. Again, the pistol was perfect until Saturday. The only other change is that I put Tetra grease on the slide rails and disconnecter before the match. After the match (110 rounds), I field stripped the pistol to find a mucky mess. The grease was imbedded w/crud, and felt like paste. I attempted to clean all the grease I could off, but didn't get into the guts beyond a standard field strip. After cleaning and oiling, I can still duplicate the half cock problem. :sad:

So, any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
TBob

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TBob on 2001-05-14 23:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TBob on 2001-05-14 23:34 ]</font>

·
Registered
46 Posts
Take it back to who ever did the trigger job-hammer follow

·
Registered
239 Posts
Whoever lightened your trigger didn't know what he was doing. There's not enough tension on the sear spring. Take it back and make him set it to 4 lbs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to all for your replies. I've talked to Kimber and they will fix it for me. Too bad this happened--the trigger felt great...

Regards,
TBob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts