Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, for those of you following the PC Games/Simulations thread, I've signed up for the free intro episode of Majestic. This is one cool game. I've already gotten a very creepy phone call (on my cell to keep the game and work/home somewhat separate) and some e-mails that might or might not lead to clues.

Check out http://www.majesticthegame.com for the lowdown or see http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1014-201-6814918-0.html for the latest news story.

Dunno if I'll sign up for the episodic version just yet. I'll keep you posted.

Chad

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All I can say is WOW. Rogue Spear is completely forgotten.

Played through the pilot episode of Majestic. I was impressed by the immersive quality of the game. Not so impressed with the linearity and ease. The pilot, at least, is more like an interactive movie than a game. The clues are too easy and the story moves from Point A to Point B with some predictability. And for a game about conspiracy, there is very little ambiguity -- hell, I don't want to know who the good guys and bad guys are. I want to be kept guessing.

However, with that said, I was sufficiently impressed with the storyline and style of play to sign up for the paid version -- at least the first episode. The rumormill has it that the game gets much harder and more complex as it progresses.

The cool thing is that the game plays out in real time, so it only takes about 15 minutes to half an hour a day to play, though you can certainly spend a lot more time with it than that.

It was certainly weird to have to actually call a company in Portland to get into its voicemail system to track down a vital clue. When was the last time a game involved anything but staring at your computer monitor?

Anyway, if anyone else decides to give Majestic a try, let me know. I'm curious about other experiences with the game.

Oh, a little paranoia helps a lot.

Chad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.