Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Brownell's this week to order a CMC sear, and was informed by them that the CMC EDM hammers and sears were "discontinued by the factory." Does anyone know what the skinny is here? I really liked the CMC stuff. I also tried to buy SVI parts, but surprise, they were not delivering to Brownell's. Who do they deliver to?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have you tried CMC directly? The EDM hammer and sear are not shown on their website but are listed in the product sheet I received recently. CMC can be reached at 800.328.2447 and there's no additional shipping charges. HTH
Thong

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TCao on 2001-07-18 19:47 ]</font>

·
Registered
515 Posts
I was told by Brownell's, some months back, that the Ed Brown stainless/flat/govt/blank mainspring housing was "discontinued by the factory". Apparently it wasn't, as Heinie recived a bunch from Brown after that.

Check with the maker.

Rosco

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it's official. I emailed CMC today re: the EDM hammers and sears, and received the following reply:
"Thanks for your interest in Chip McCormick Corp. products. I am sorry to say that the edm parts have been discontinued a number of years ago. With Metal Injection Molding we were able to hold the tolerance and the material is as strong a forging with less the cost."

We can agree to disagree on the net result of MIM, but that's pretty much it for their excellent EDM line. I guess Brownell's has been selling from an enormous backstock of those parts and finally ran out. FWIW, I had excellent results with the Chip parts in at least 5 guns. I'll have to start searching for some new favorite components.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hilton,
Give Cylinder and Slide a call. They have an
excellent Hammer and Sear. Not MIMed.
Thats what you see in the Commander.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard Heinie on 2001-08-16 08:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
260 Posts
Brownell's must have a BUNCH of them in stock. I just ordered a non-MIM hammer and sear on Monday and installed it last night. I ordered mine from their website. I'm sorry to see them go. This always seems to happen when you find a product you like. Add Videki triggers to this groups also, I suppose...

Wayne Miller

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mossyrock on 2001-08-16 12:48 ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.