Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What metal work on the mainspring housing and front strap do people like on a gun for concealed carry. I understand the general order of which provides a better grip surface but what are people’s experiences for concealment? Is smooth best or do some grip enhancements like the wave or scallops provide a good compromise (better grip that doesn’t catch clothes to much). Thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
403 Posts
The Wave provides excellent longitudinal and lateral support of the gun in your hand during recoil, while still allowing for a fast regrip if required. It's also very gentle on clothing.

Many grip textures will allow for a strong grip, but fail in ease of regripping and being clothing friendly.

Just my .02 worth. Well, maybe just a bit more than .02.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'd say...at least 2.35

How's it goin' Peter? I'm doin' my best to get a week-end together for "experimentatin'" and shootin!!!

The problem right now is...this weather is TOO GOOD to be inside!

See ya...Can that "Wave" be added to anything besides Kimbers? hmmmmm?

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Wave is already on Colts, Kimbers, Springfields and soon on a HP or two.

I believe you will see more as the word gets around. Even those crazed at the sight are by all accounts convinced it works.

I suspect for what it is intended, (enhance concealed carry and a grip that will retain the gun in CQB as well as shooting) it works better than anything currently available. Only time (and Dane, both Peters, Jason Shay, Bruce, Jack, Eddie and a few others) will tell :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-10-25 21:20 ]</font>

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hiya Gyp c2,

Its going OK up here. Glad to hear your out shooting. Hows the Springfield project doing?
Weather is finally cool enough for me too. Thinking about smacking some birds out of the sky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.