Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide which show offers the best in real live tactical training. The problem I have is that they are both on at the same time and I have to choose one for my primary training vehicle.
Miami Vice has more shootings but I sometimes wonder if the tactics are sound. I really like the looks of Nash Bridges's pistol and his tactics look good especially the diving through the air while shooting.

What do you all think I should do.

Mike

·
Registered
133 Posts
VCR? Amateur!
Get a second TV, put it next to the first, and watch them both at the same time. Then you'll have an hour to practice everything you've learned, rather than spending it watching the tape of the one you missed.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Mike,

I personally liked Cheech Marin better in "Up In Smoke" :grin: Not a lot of 'tactics' in the movie thou :lol:

G

·
Why Direct TV digital "tivo" recorder of course. You will never miss a mniute of prime "tactical" action again.
Let alone the hours of "Cops" wiht all of those guys running with their fingers on the triggers, drawing down on a suspect with the safety on. Or my favorite, sticking the guns in things under their arms and laying them on the ground when they go to cuff the suspect.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Man...tough one. I have to vote for the "Tivo" type digital...That way, it's non-stop with no commercials and you get the "best" of Armani and San Francisco

LOL

·
Registered
326 Posts
Definately Miami Vice! I'm with 38 Super on the Bren Ten (since I own two), but aside from that, Vice had better storylines. I believe the original cast was sent to Dade County Police Academy firearms training, and I recall reading somewhere that Don johnson had attended Gunsite.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Neither. If it's REALISTIC training you're looking for, rent Mission Impossible 2.

Lots of headfirst diving through the air while shooting with both hands, sometimes upside down! As a bonus, this will also offer tips on how to balance a motorcycle on the front wheel while simultaneously shooting a moving car's gas tank, causing it to blow up. :eek:

Am now designing an IDPA stage to include both...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MR Mannex on 2001-07-06 15:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
350 Posts
Interesting thread, I sometimes watch one of these shows if they are on, but I think if you want to watch a cool gun movie you need to get "Heat". The technical advisor for the tactical stuff was Andy McNabb (Bravo Two Zero patrol leader, SAS). Also, "Ronin" seems to me to be a pretty good gun flick, lots of cool stuff in there. Other than those two I don't know of too many good gun movies. Good shooting. Jake

G

·
On TNN.
And Garrity has every episode taped that was ever made..:smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-07-07 08:51 ]</font>

G

·
On 2001-07-06 17:22, Peter Loron wrote:
Yeah Ronin is pretty worthy. Lotsa guns (they actually use cover and concealment sometimes), lotsa fast car chases, etc.
FYI:
For trivia fans, the boathouse was painted light brown in 1999 when Ronin was made......

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.