Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stripped bolt srew and hole for in my Colt Python and need to have it repaired. The bolt screws are avaialble in the Brownels catalog but the frame is in need of repair (welding and tapping). This through hole is covered by the grips so it may hide the repair and may not need refinishing (Royal Blue). This is a shooter and function is more important than looks so I am looking for a permanent repair. It may be hard chromed when the finish is all but gone.

Does anyone handle small welding jobs? I also need to have the sight pin holes in my Colt Combat Target slide welded and drilled for a smaller pin so I can use the Gold Cup Eliason sight. (This is also Blue)

For welding and repairs who do you use? is recomended? Thanks.... Rofi

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to George @ EGW and I will be sending him my frame today. After talking to him I have no reservations about this repair at all. Im sure he will have me back shooting X's in no time......Rofi :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.