Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got Mike’s Super Commander done…Some of you may remember the pics he posted of it a few months back. It is a 50’s vintage LW commander in 38 super. It was in real nice shape. It did however have some really nasty tool marks all over the frame. Otherwise really nice.

It has been checkered 30lpi on the frontstrap. Ed Brown safeties, extractor , hammer, guide rod and mainspring housing (also 30lpi). Novak bar dot night sights. McCormick trigger, Ahrends grips and Nowlin Barrel. I also cut serrations on the top of the slide and a French border. The frame has been mil spec hardcoat anodized and the slide and small parts blued.
I had a lot of trouble getting some good pics. ( lighting,lighting,lighting) Mr. Nagata has nothing to fear from me!!! I hope you guys like it!!

http://www.sdmfabricating.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scott Mulkerin on 2001-07-12 22:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
144 Posts
Scott,
Nice work. Has Larry and Ken seen it? Wait , I think I see the thumb safety hole. I agree with Blinder, Mike is just going to stick that nice gun into that plastic scabbard and scratch up that finish. I'm glad he finally come to his senses and not ask for the ugly front cocking serration. Send it to me and I'll take good care of it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ricky T on 2001-07-09 16:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sweet.

And I realize that I'm probably in the minority, but for pure aesthetics, Novaks just look right to me.

Nice work.

Chad

·
Registered
159 Posts
Now is that fair that everyone get to see my new pistol before I did.
Nice work Scott you out did yourself on this one.

BTW here is what we started with

Mike

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mike benedict on 2001-07-09 19:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
351 Posts
On 2001-07-09 16:48, Chad Ward wrote:
Sweet.

And I realize that I'm probably in the minority, but for pure aesthetics, Novaks just look right to me.

Nice work.

Chad
Nyah, I'm with you :smile:
Sad part is, this is what I want out of my LW 38, but don't know when if ever I'll get it finished...or..started.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nice work Scott...

It may be the angle, but it looks like the ejection port was only flared back, and NOT lowered, is that accurate?

I am surpised Mikey went with the Pin Covered stocks, but overall, it's very tastefully executed.

Makes me wish I still had my first LWT Commander built in the late 50's, truly classic!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great before and after shots. What a transition. Beautiful work. Isn't it great we have more talented 1911 smiths than ever before. Only problem now is, since you can't choose, you want one from each of them! Great work....

·
Registered
144 Posts
On 2001-07-10 14:14, Scott Mulkerin wrote:
Ricky T Ken and Larry will see it this weekend.

http://www.sdmfabricating.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scott Mulkerin on 2001-07-10 14:16 ]</font>
Scott,
Good luck this weekend at the Summit. Tell Ken his Georgia back up man said hello. Tell him I'm still trying to raise funds so I can get his blaster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ricky T on 2001-07-11 08:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
144 Posts
On 2001-07-11 07:04, Mike Benedict wrote:
I'm glad you'all like my new pistol. And I hope you enjoyed shooting it last night.
Now if Scott will just give it back maybe I'll get to try it out.

Mike
You won't get that Chicken Gun II back for awhile. Larry and Ken will keep it for T&E.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.