Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started using Militec grease (sparingly) that I bought from their web site . Has anyone else used this product?. It comes in a large caulking gun type tube. I guess I have a lifetime supply. I apply it with a small syringe on the rails. Seems to work great. Stays put.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Bubba, don't know what your grease is but I use Wilson's lube. Its a white grease and used on the rails and where I see metal to metal contact points. I actually smear it over the barrel lightly and it does an ok job of lube for me.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Haven't tried their new grease yet but am using the oil. Has worked Great so far.

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Actually, I don't see anything there that tells me it's not the same...but I appreciate the links! I thought I saw something awhile back about the TW-25 beng the version available through the regular commercial sources but it's ok...I like both and the grease is a spectacular product...the fact that it bonds and is still viable lubricant through extremes in environmental stressors whether "visible" or not is pretty impressive...Definately movin' up in the realm of "better living through chemistry"...:wink:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been using DSX lubricants for 7+ years with great results. For $10.95 I bought the range bag "gun kit". A tub of DSX grease,a spray bottle of "STEALTH", a spray bottle of oil, & a treated gun wipe. I dilute the grease with RIG sometimes. The oil I use on the rails and the end of my barrel. The STEALTH is a quick drying lubricant which I use on my HK's and AR's. The STEALTH doesn't absorb or attract grit and dirt on the bolts. My rifles have never failed!! Springfield Armory uses in in the assembly of the FBI model .45's and for lubrication. Police depts, FBI Swat team members, and several SEAL Teams use the DSX lubricants too. If anyone is intersted in a brochure or information on this great stuff, ask for Mike at 703-860-0286 or toll free 1-800-822-0258. He's always been giving of his time to me and is quite knowledgable of the product. He's also an avid 1911 shooter. I bet you'll be impressed...........Keith

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.