Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pistol missing from My Personal
Collection. Colt Series 70 Frame, Caspian
Slide, Mag Well, Dark Coco Bolo Grips, 45ACP Full House Heinie Pistol, Black "T" Finish.
Pistol was shipped to a Dealer in Texas, it never Arrived, shipping Co. can't find it. I
think somebody with Sticky Fingers Has it.
I am offering $100 for info or safe return.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard Heinie on 2001-08-13 14:08 ]</font>

·
Registered
35 Posts
Richard,

That just plain sucks! Any idea where the gun was last tracked by the shipping company? It may help to know which end of the transaction or in the middle that is got lost. That way people in that area can be more alert for the gun.

Edited to dispel rumors that I am illiterate. LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chrisinmo on 2001-08-14 21:52 ]</font>

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hey Ricardo!
DO you think one of us guys might have that gun?? If so I ain't giving it up for less than 4K..
Seriously though, this is where the ATF should be cracking down on the carriers like UPS, and Fed Express. We once had a suppressed Ruger pistol shipped to us from the US Naval Weapons Command Center in Crane Indiana. The gun never arrived, and Naval Intelligence got involved. Within three days of being reported, they hand delivered the gun to me! Two people were arrested at UPS in
Chicago. They threatened to take everybody in for questioning, and I guess a lot of people made do-do in their pants, and starting pointing fingers in the right direction..
Luigi

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
OK, I can't stand it any longer! Here is the deal, no questions asked I'll give the theif in Texas $2000 for the gun. Just ship it to my web address. That is legal. Make sure it has no return address so you can't be traced and I'll forward you the $2K on receipt of the gun :grin:

If you need credit references call Heinie, Peters or Alessi. Terry Peters would be happy to vouch for me in person since you're so close.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I recently had a Mil Spec S/A "lost" in the US Mail. It never left my local USPS office. The sad part is they (the postal inspectors) acted like i lost a box of chocolates. There (as far as i was told) was no serios investigation at the USPS branch.

I thought about calling the ATF, but every time ive called in the past they were as usefull as wet newspaper.

Luckily, the mil spec was insured for FULL retail, which i did recieve 2 months later.

Lets keep your eyes peeled and ears to the ground on this pistol Mr. Heinie lost...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry to hear about the missing gun. I hope it turns up soon. Looks like someone moved up the 7-8 year waiting list in a hurry!

As for Chrisinmo, don't believe him, he's really illiterate. No readin', no writin', no A-rith-me-tik. But he's got an nice jeep and dog (who's actually doing the typing and reading :grin:) Dane, Chris had an AR built that is simple amazing and is a total tack driver. Might want to contact him regard your other post....
-'Stang

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mustang on 2001-08-15 13:49 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mustang on 2001-08-15 14:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
151 Posts
Richard
I am sorry to here about you stolen gun. As a retired police officer I hope it is in NCIC. As I don't know where in Texas you were shipping it to I will keep an eye out for it at the gunshop I work at in southeastern N.M. I hope the pond scum sucking thief is caught and gets what he deserves.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
No way a Heinie pistol will go "unseen" for long...Especially if it's been listed...I agree...about the Pond scum etc...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Folks. I was the dealer in Texas who was to receive the gun.

This was a 50th birthday present for someone. Not too mention the wait.

Talk about disappointment.

Remember the three rules of shipping

1. Insure
2. Insure
3. Insure

Any hints in the area, please let Richard Heinie know.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well, it's about time somebody remembered my 50th birthday. No wonder nobody said anything. Guess I'll just have to wait until they find the present to have another b-day...Wait a minute. My ex-wife lives in Texas. And the gun is missing??? I'd better re-double my security. Not to sure I want to see that gun now. Seriously, Richard, where was the gun last "tracked" to?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Okay, I confess... I hacked the UPS shipping database, and rerouted all packages departing Heinie Custom to California...

While I was at it, I all the packages being delivered to the NRA rerouted to The Brady Center.

Seriously RIchard, sorry to hear about the loss... I doubt we'll see it out this way, but I will certainly keep an eye out...

Any more description or maybe a pic? Was is stamped with your Maker's Mark, or Heinie somewhere on it?

Hope you get it back, or it makes it to Terry's...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.