Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Anyone out there own/use/shoot/carry the MkII version of the HP?

Most of the discussion seems centered around the MkIII pistols in one or more of their variations, so I thought I'd see if anyone owns or just flat prefers the MkII.

I no longer own one and kind of regret getting rid of the last one. Wouldn't have done it, but a young officer under my command at the time, really, really wanted it and came up with the cash.....which I did not expect. Anyway, it meets his desire to own a BHP which is my pick as THE defensive arm in 9mm.

The gun was utterly reliable and the sights were dead on for me out of the box. It grouped very, very well.

What are your experiences and views on this model HP?

Best.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, I have a Mk II, totally stock except for a set of pretty wood grips. I know very little about the differences between models, but I sort of like the narrow rib on top of the slide of the Mk II. I don't shoot BHPs because they don't fit me as well as a 1911, though.

G

·
I have a MKII with Micarta and factory grips. Mine has a finish that appears to be parkerizing and looks like a military sidearm. This pistol, out of the box, shoots as well as any BHP I have seen. I gave $340 for it earlier this year and it is a keeper. Regards, Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.