Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well, Ayoob is fond of pointing out how the shorter-barreled Smith autos are sometimes more accurate than the service size models.:smile: If the gun is for CCW, then I would weigh in favor of the 4013. If it is for duty, home or range use, then the all-steel model would be the way to go.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The 4003 is the alloy-framed version of the all-steel 4006. The 4013 also has an aluminum frame. It's essentially the .40S&W version of the 3913. The newer 4013TSW takes a double-stack magazine and is kind of like a .40 version of the 6906. I love my TSW. It's very accurate and has surprisingly low recoil. The trigger is getting better and better, and it's been highly reliable. Can't ask for much more than that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spackler - My intro to S&W autos was the older 3913 I traded for a few weeks back. Seems to be a really great gun, and well thought of by many shooters. It has no hammer spur but I've learned to cock it. Can you easily cock the 4013TSW? Another question: with the double-stack magazine, can you still get a good grip on the trigger for a one-handed pull of the DA shot? Thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ludwig - I sometimes cock it by "staging" the trigger, then getting my thumb on the hammer when it starts back. But when I do this I do it very carefully and make sure I am very conscience of what I'm doing - and I don't do it all that often. I know of somebody who has a TSW that has been modified with an un-bobbed hammer. That may be a good route to go.
My hands are not large, and I can get a good grip. Trigger reach is not a problem at all. I do have to shift my grip to hit the slide release after a reload, or hit it with the thumb of my support hand. This hasn't proven to be a problem for me though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.