Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any pics of a custom S&W Model 41? Aftermarket barrels… grips… machined slides…. bullseye target… paper punchers…

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any pics of a custom S&W Model 41? Aftermarket barrels… grips… machined slides…. bullseye target… paper punchers…
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Here is an early model 41 accurized by Alton Dinan. Key visual differences are the long curved trigger and the pre bull barrel weight system that takes the place of the original compensator.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Looks like he also modified the stocks, Is that merely a weight or is there mercury inside? Also impressive he put the weight below the slide for maximum countering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks like he also modified the stocks, Is that merely a weight or is there mercury inside? Also impressive he put the weight below the slide for maximum countering.
The stocks are Herett trainers for greater consistency with my 1911. I do believe they are narrower than the current Herett product tho I doubt they were modified. There is no mercury in the weight though Dinan offered weights of various sizes. I’ll post pics eventually of some other Dinan configurations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts