Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about having some machining done on my model 69 for moon clips. TK Customs. Speed loaders are difficult clumsy and the only ones I've found by Speedbeez tend to scratch the frame. Thoughts?

·
Registered
717 Posts
As you know rimmed cartridges headspace on the rim. So if the rear of the cylinder is relieved for clips, then clips become mandatory because the headspace will be too great for rounds without clips. So would you be okay with that?
Also if the gun ever goes back to S&W, they may require you to pay for a new cylinder.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As you know rimmed cartridges headspace on the rim. So if the rear of the cylinder is relieved for clips, then clips become mandatory because the headspace will be too great for rounds without clips. So would you be okay with that?
Also if the gun ever goes back to S&W, they may require you to pay for a new cylinder.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Oh so they recess it in such away that you can still fire without clips. Hey that's great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh so they recess it in such away that you can still fire without clips. Hey that's great!
I researched this pretty good and TK Customs came with high marks. Sent the cylinder up to them in Illinois UPS and the turnaround was fast. Was trying to get some input and thanks. I work out of state and can't wait to get home this weekend to check it out. Had quad porting done (Magnaport) a few years ago and with all other mods I've sank some money into it. I guess I got a habit of taking something that's inherently perfect and try to improve it. I'm stoked. Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts