Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gentlemen. Pretty subjective, but in your opinions, what is the most concealable OWB holster you use? I guess this is a pretty sorry excuse for an inquiry, but to be honest, I have zero experience with anything other than IWB, so I'm pretty clueless.

If it helps (or not), I'm average size--5'11", 190 and it would be for a G19 or occasionally, a G27. Doesn't have to fit both, btw--just an example of guns regularly carried.

Concealability is the most important issue for me--I'd like to not have to wear a parka to hide the gun.:smile:

Thnaks everyone, for taking the time.

Dave

·
Registered
466 Posts
David:

You may get a lot of "Ford vs. Chevvy" in response, but in my own experience, the OWB that is most concealable, comfortable, and accessible is the "pancake" or "belt slide", with a good FBI rake, worn strongside of course. Lou's Belt Slide, Dillon's Master, and Kramer's pancake are all good examples. The gun makes a difference in the cover garment required - My 640 will hide well under some shirt tails, and my 220 and 4516 need at least a finger-length jacket or vest. With enough rake, the butt is high enough to reduce printing, and these three models hold it tight to the side, but not uncomfortably so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.