Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I really like your work and the help you give this board. I have a SS Kimber compact that is broken in and is accurate and completely reliable. I was wondering which stock molded parts should be changed for longevety and reliability? The extractor was flat when new and I had to tweak it at the range, I'm worried about that, the slide stop, sear and hammer. What should I replace with better parts? (this is my carry gun) Also What do you think of the steel in Norinco's? I built one up and have heard mixed propaganda. when I dehorned it the steel seemed very hard but the sear and hammer did not! do you work on them? Thanks GTO

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Kimbers are tough guns. I wouldn't be afraid of carrying one box stock if I knew it was reliable as is.

Bottom line don't fix what isn't broke.

I build guns for a living and am very picky about what I carry because I can be; not because a Kimber wouldn't do the job just fine, as is.

Norinco makes a good base, frame and slide. I don't work on them because I think it is a waste of money as an investment to put a lot of money into them for either a heirloom or as a high end gun. The resale and value over time will never be there, IMO.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bottom line don't fix what isn't broke.
Dane,
I thought that’s how you made a living by fixing all those guns. :???:

Hopefully you’ll have one from me in the next year to fix what isn't broke. :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.