Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got it from a friend for a whopping $200 bucks. It belonged to his old Aunt and was worn by her husband over a half century ago. I also have the original holster. I thought the gun was built in 43 until I got the Ithica serial numbers. Just click on the link below, or copy and paste. Thanks for looking...

http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/message ... =998091339

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice find, nice buy! I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago. It was an Ithaca, not quite in as nice a shape as yours but it was British proofed. Gave the guy $200 and ran. I grew up when mil .45s were more common and all my .45s are Stainless now, so it was traded for something down the line. Ever just look at it as if it could "talk" about its history?

G

·
My name isn't Mikie but I sure do like it. I was leary when I saw the post as I thought maybe you had gussied it up. I am glad you left as is. I have two friends with WWI 1911s and if I owned either I doubt if I would shoot them. I think I would just hold them and admire them. I would probably do the same with your pistol. This is strange for me to say as I shoot all my handguns. Regards, Richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.