Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m getting nervous just thinkin` about it.
But I`ve been practicing 5 times a week.
I`ve only shot one big match before and that was the 2000 desert classic in phoenix.
All the suggestions I get will be greatly appreciated. thanks paradude from tucson,az

·
Registered
581 Posts
The number one thing to remember is that You have to hit the target.

Everything else is optional.

You start giving away points because of misses and your speed doesn’t matter at all.

See you there. Hopefully I won’t be on Squad 13 again...

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
555 Posts
Have a lot of fun..

Soak up the experience...My first nationals..I was so nervous..screwed up the first four stages..shooting way to fast..after that, I relaxed (because I felt so bad for shooting so bad) Then I started shooting pretty well.

Back at the first limited nationals, I shot eight misses all on the first three stages..again, settled in..managed to pull out a 21st overall..

So ..Have fun....shoot slow enough to see you sights, but up to your speed. You will see some pretty good shooting....they will make it look easy..stay within your ability..

Have fun...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Paradude,

Try to relax. This will be a great experience. Have FUN. Don't try to push too hard. Have FUN. Shoot a slightly more conservative match. Have FUN. Ask questions of your squad mates and CRO/RO's.

See you there. I'll be CRO on Stage 9, I think.

Above all else shoot safe and HAVE FUN.

Tom Loyd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.