Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sights are Bar-Dot tritium installed by Novak, finish is done by http://www.stealth-coat.com though I've already managed to scratch it :smile:
It's got the Ahrend's Tactical wood grips with Hogue stainless hex head screws and the SFS kit.

The SFS kit, cocked, the safety is down;

Then, you push the hammer forward, and the safety goes on, like so;

When you push the safety off, it cocks the hammer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VoceNoctum on 2001-06-09 19:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hello, I ordered some Arhends grips, showed them pic's of what I wanted (red with black grain), called twice, waited three week's. I got ORANGE! They said they would take them back for refund and charged me a unmentioned $10 restocking fee saying they did all they could do!!!!! What?!!!! So I'm kind of seeing RED right now about the name Arhends!

People get Spegals!
Sorry guy, I had to vent. GTO

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hello, I ordered some Arhends grips, showed them pic's of what I wanted (red with black grain), called twice, waited three week's. I got ORANGE! They said they would take them back for refund and charged me a unmentioned $10 restocking fee saying they did all they could do!!!!! What?!!!! So I'm kind of seeing RED right now about the name Arhends!

People get Spegals!
Sorry guy, I had to vent. GTO

·
Registered
408 Posts
GTO, im kinda surprised about the Ahrends. I returned a pair of grips once and Judy was more than kind with me. Sent me the nicest set of grips ive seen to date, didnt charge me any sill a** "re stocking fee" what a crock that is.

Nice pistol, i like it but i dont understand the advantage in the SFS kit. Why is it even neccasary?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mr Lemay, I know thats why I gave them a try! I guess they aren't as down home "ma and Pa" anymore. That treated me like a guy that could not be satisfied and all I said was red whith black grain! I was totally insulted be there reply to me. GTO

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On 2001-06-09 22:00, RMLamey wrote:
Nice pistol, i like it but i dont understand the advantage in the SFS kit. Why is it even neccasary?
Bah, neccasary?
:smile:
It's really only something for those people that don't like the "appearance" of cocked & locked.
For myself, adding up the cost of a new hammer, new safety's (it's a '73 Browning, the safety was not to my liking) and new sear. The SFS kit replaces all that for cheaper and was something "new" to try.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On 2001-06-09 22:06, GTO wrote:
Mr Lemay, I know thats why I gave them a try! I guess they aren't as down home "ma and Pa" anymore. That treated me like a guy that could not be satisfied and all I said was red whith black grain! I was totally insulted be there reply to me. GTO
That's a real shame. I've only ordered directly from them once myself, usually I get stuff from brownells. I've only interacted with them a few times, but those times were more than satisfactory.
Sorry for your bad experience.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On 2001-06-09 22:42, GrandmasterB wrote:
Nice looking HP. Congrats!

How do you like the finish? It looks pretty "stealthy". :grin:
It's actually pretty nice, I got that done since the BHP was rusting pretty quickly on me. As I mentioned, I've already managed to scratch it with a good solid hit...
I don't have a digi-cam, and the scan didn't come out well of the scratch.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The SFS kit is different from teh Daewoo trigger, in that pushing the hammer forward raises the safety, lowering the safety cocks the hammer. The Daewoo was a double action design, so by pushing the hammer forward, you still just pull the trigger to fire.
The SFS kit is available from Cylinder & Slide for the 1911 & Hipower, and I think Olympic has them for the 1911.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.