Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I'm out of control on the photo-posting! What the hell, it's 95 degrees in the shade in Austin, TX on a Sunday. Might as well post one or two more for your enjoyment....

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhot ... 401081&f=0

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhot ... 401097&f=0

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhot ... 401114&f=0

[above links are new as of 8/26, to Photopoint]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Paladin on 2001-07-16 00:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Paladin on 2001-07-16 00:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Paladin on 2001-08-26 16:17 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
No wonder you and David like those...I think they might be the best lookin' TRs I've seen...after hearing the torture tests David ran his through, that might be the best buy from the Baer camp yet!

Congrats...on the camera and the toys!
:wink:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comments, gyp_c--the only improvement I would add to the hard chrome is that Les Baer have a better, deeper etching done on the TR logo and name. For some reason, the etching is a little too lightly cut. But that's in the details, otherwise it's been a great addition to my "family".

G

·
All serious 1911 guys should own at least one TRS HC.

Not for the name or the gimmics or anything like that, own one, shoot one, and you will understand.

It is a "best buy" in it's price class and a very enjoyable gun to shoot and own.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
...For what it's worth, when the two of ya'll agree on something, I KNOW it's worthy...Just seeing it helps a bit, the main thing, is that I don't buy "Names" I do "watch" names however, and when someone seems to find something that is just "right", usually it works for just about everyone...I think this is one of those that's just "right"...and it certainly carries more weight when two "names" certify it ...

There ya' go...ya'll have a fan club...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree, Dave--the TRS, especially the hard chrome "out of the ordinary" model, should be in everyone's gun safe for those who enjoy the upper-end custom productions. I like the feel so much that, when I have a true custom done, I'll probably have it done "slim-line". I do have to admit, however, that Clint Smith's name on the piece was the initial reason I invested in my first TRS.

And Gyp_c--yeah, when two of us agree on something like this, there may be something to it. And between us, I venture to guess we have some variety in our collections. If anyone would like to see further pics of the HC, let me know. I'm happy to post whatever detail you'd be interested in.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Oohhhhhhlaaaalaaaa! Not only is the TRS very, very sweet (yes, I want one also) but the Crawford/Kaspar designed, upscale/art-knife KFF is a special addition. Beautiful!
EricO

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Eric. Yeah, Pat Crawford does some outstanding work. I also have one of his Kasper Tactical folders. I worked with him on the specs for the folder you see here. I'd recommend him to anyone interested in an extremely high quality, "this one I'll hand down to my kid" carry knife. I love the Kasper design, and the Crawfords are true gentlemen to work with, and real artists.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would love to go run, Meanster, but I'll be lyin' on the beach in Cape May, NJ with the family. I'm outta here for a week of sun and fun.... and not a moment too soon. Need to do somethin', though, for that next TR trip to keep from huffin' and puffin' around the Terminator!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Nice pics Paladin. Don'tcha love that digital camera? Is that a Damascus blade on the Kasper?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, love that digital camera--great technology, no more standing on lines for the film developer. And yes as well, that's a Damascus blade on the folder along with a Mammoth ivory handle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey,

I'm looking for my first Baer and was hoping to see these picture posts to help sway my decision... Will it be possible to see the pictures again -- I just get a logged out message.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Do a search on TRS and you'll get some pics that way...Welcome to the fray...I've decided I want a Hard Chromed TRS too...Good Luck...
:wink:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just logged in so you can see the pics. Such a strange arrangement with the album web site. I share the welcome to the TRS family! You'll love it! Allan Yoast can probably get you a hard chrome.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh, she's a beauty Paladin...Thanks for the repost of the pics!

I think this is the one. Are there additional TRS modifications other than the hard chrome finish anyone would suggest for the TRS?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: B-Squared on 2001-08-03 22:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, B--no, don't think there are other modifications to the TRS. But Allan Yoast has a slightly different finish for sale and a three-hole trigger rather than the usual solid one. But I'd go with either the regular blued or hard chrome. Resale value would be great--not that I'll ever sell them, though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know this may sound like a silly question, but does anyone know if you can get the TRS w/out the checkering? I'm not a big fan of checkering, I'm a "worn bar of soap" kind of guy for my 1911's.

Or maybe, you lucky devils that own one, can you say if the checkering is more subtle, less likely to dig in and cut?

Eric

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you have soft hands, and are sensitive to checkering on the front and back straps, the TRS may be uncomfortable for you. It's sharp stuff. I wouldn't suggest changing the checkering on a TRS for the sake of resale value. I'm sure you could order one from Les Baer without, though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.