Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of a narrow front sight for a Glock? Black, serrated. Most seem to be 0.125. Looking for something closer to 0.100. This particular one will be matched up to a Novak rear.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Recently went thru similar but with Heinie's for a Glock. Be advised Richard Heinie does not recommend a narrow front sight for a Glock. "Attachement is the reason."
Had mine shaved to .100" for IDPA, etc. {Not CCW}. Should have a Machinist do it if you want it true and even to center. Brownells carrys Heinie serrated fronts separately in two heights for Glock, 394-100-321 is .216" tall & -323 is .250". http://brownells.com/Product/index.asp

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pistolero on 2001-06-14 20:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just wanted to bump this to the top to see if we can get some more responses.

Thanks to all who have responded so far.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flexmoney on 2001-06-23 13:28 ]</font>

·
Registered
156 Posts
I thinned my Meprolight front sight down by lapping it on a piece of fine (400) grit sandpaper on a hard, flat surface. You can start course and finish with 400-600 grit to speed the process. Cold blue when finished and you're done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.