Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody knows what effects do hard chrome slike and stainless national march barrel have on G23 and G19? Am thinking of having these done to my glock 19. Thanks y'all

· Registered
414 Posts
Um, Why?

I'd leave it stock. IMHO, when you start putting doodads on a Glock you do away with it's number one salient characteristic--box stock reliability, at a great price.

All of my five Glock's are more accurate than I'll ever be, and I don't care much about looks. The Glock is already ugly. If it's worn, send it back to Glock for refinishing.

Just my opinions, of course :wink: . If you chrome it, post pics!

G

·
I would have to agree, beyond installing good sights maybe a caliber swap (recommend Barsto or Jarvis barrels) and possibly a SS guide rod.

Further modifications to a Glock are not only unecessary but basically useless, the guys are correct in that further mods and gunsmith tinkering will reduce the reliability and accuracy of your Glock and moving to hard chrome in lieu of Tennifer is a serious mistake IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.