Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience with these?

Have been trying, without success, to get a Intratec Tec-9 (Serial #393xxx) to feed:

1. For some reason the bolt cannot be fully retracted, to the position at which it can be "locked" open.
Is this normal?
Is there anywhere I can get my hands on an owner's manual?

2. When the top round in the staggered mag is on the LEFT, it feeds & fires everytime!
(The mag is a factory, pre-ban, 32 rounder.)

3. However! the gun/mag has yet to reliably feed the next round (which now sits on top of the stack and on the RIGHT or) ANYTIME
the round being fed is coming off the RIGHT side of the magazine top.

Instead, the round is successfully stripped off the top of the mag -- and toward the feed "funnel" -- but somehow "tumbles" so it winds up in a vertical position, lodged between the bolt face and the outermost edges of the chamber opening / feed "funnel".

VERY FRUSTRATING! Having real trouble locating ANY source for mag.s

Occurring whether there are 3, 13, 23 or 30 rounds loaded in the mag. Have cleaned the magazine meticulously.

Have tried every concievable type of 9 load, ammo, bullet weight, type, and configuration.

Yeah, yeah, I know. They really could be considered "junk" by many, but what the hey!
They are no longer available in MD, they are good plinkers, and I'd like to get it back up and running, regardless.

Thanks in advance for any assist!

G

·
I do not have expeience with the TEc 9 and attempting to reolve it for you without knowing wich variation you have would be difficult.

I did however get to spend a fair amount of trigger time with a KG-99 while overseas in 1990.

Paladin press sells a complete manual for the KG99.

Your mags are not feeding properly as the mag springs are to weak and the follower cannot provide enough support when the gun comes into battery as the round is being stripped, the left round is held tightly by the follower design, but the right round ends up unsupported.

I would try http://www.gunsprings.com for springs, Mr. Wolff may need to make them for you, wich is rather easy if you send in your existing spring so he can look at it.

Call Bob Swanson @ 520-721-4066 he should have the mags.
or you can try http://www.tapco.com.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank YOU, Dave -- VERY MUCH!!!

Hopefully, we'll have this thing up and plinkin' smoothly soon enough.

Obviously, there's no great investment here but, it is frustrating when you remember seeing identical models running flawlessly.

O.O.D.A. to ya!
"THOR"

·
Registered
77 Posts
Troubleshooting a TEC-9.
1. Take gun and place in box(orginal if possible)
2. Go to local gunshow and sell to clueless rube
3. Take money and buy real gun.

Somethings just were not meant to work. Semper Fidelis....Ken M

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Couldn't agree more, but:

A) Not my gun, a friend's

B) You can't sell - or in any other way transfer - this handgun to anyone else in the "Free" state as they have codified it as an "assault pistol". I guess he could try selling it - via a FFL dealer - outta state but that's not likely. Hell, he inherited it (free)!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.