Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking for a Colt .45acp cylinder for a 3rd gen Colt SAA.

I have called Colt, they say they won't sell cylinders to consumers.
I called Midway, they are out and don't expect any for 8-9 months.
I checked Brownell's website and they do not list a .45ACP cylinder.
I called Cylinder & Slide, they are out and don't expect anymore from Colt.
I called Peacemaker Precision again and spoke to their gunsmith, they have one blue for $325.00. ouch!

If you have any ideas, I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,

Jim

·
Registered
1,805 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brownell's lists some cylinders as in stock, various calibers, blue or nickel:

Single Action Army, 3rd Gen. | World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS

Before ordering I'd talk to them. Older 3rd gen had the short pressed-in cylinder bushing, newer assemblies use the old style long bushing.
I'm not sure if they're interchangeable.

Gun Parts Corp list a very few cylinders as in stock.
Thanks for the info......

I also looked at Brownell's before I called Colt, but they do not show a .45ACP cylinder. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before ordering I'd talk to them. Older 3rd gen had the short pressed-in cylinder bushing, newer assemblies use the old style long bushing.
I don't know either. :(
I should have asked the GS at Peacemakerspecialties about the bushings. I will try to catch him in the AM and see if these cylinders ship with a bushing and if so which type. Their online catalog says nothing about the bushings.

Thanks so much for your help.

Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI,

Called the GS at Peacemaker Precision again to ask about the bushing. This cylinder comes with the short pressed in bushing but the one supplied is extra long so that it can be fitted to the particular SAA. So that was a relief.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts