Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new Springfield Champion at the Astrohall gun show in Houston. I picked it because of all the good things I heard about the new Springfield handguns. I had several problems with my new pistol out of the box.

1. Extractor was slipping off case heads and leaving brass in the chamber causing malfunctions. Fixed - new extractor
2. Front night sight was so loose it moves to the left under recoil.
3. Front night sight is not illuminated.

I dont mind fixing the extractor but I purchased this weapon for carry and dont have the funds for more than 1 gun at a time so I cant afford to send it back to Springfield. Anyone have a suggestion on the front sight?

Thanks
John

·
Registered
720 Posts
You can take your gun to Gunwerks on the S.W. Freeway, Carters Country on the Katy Freeway or Fountain Firearms on Hwy 6 just south of Bissonnet. Phone numbers in the book or information.
Lots of other smiths in Houston.

It's disappointing to buy a gun and find flaws after paying good money for a supposedly fine pistol.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Contact SA and tell them of your problems, including the Extractor...They'll arrange something for you...If they have a dealer close to you, maybe they'll work out something with him. Don't fail to contact them. Keep perfect documentation and all paperwork. You probably won't need it, but, it's better to have itt and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Let us know how it goes... :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.