Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the new Chip McCormick Drop-In Low Mount rear sight? It appears to mate well with the round top of the M1911 slide and is said to not require any cutting of the slide and to fit into the standard Colt 60 x .290 dovetail. Is it adjustable? Is it available with white dots or Trijicon inserts?

You can see it at Http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showdet ... &CATID=187

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Slo cat on 2001-06-19 15:39 ]</font>

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would be real interested in how this works as well since it "drops" on.

Since it`s likly that the radius of the "round" on each Slide would be slighty different, and perhap much different between different makers I have to wonder how close a fit is possible ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would venture a guess that the sight and the dovetail are separate pieces with the dovetail part threaded to accept a screw passing through the sight and also contacting the slide to immobilize the whole assembly.
That's my guess for the day.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yep, it`s in 2 parts. You remove your old sight, tap in the threaded little dovetail, place the new sight on slide and screw it down. Looks good, for round top slides only. I need to play with the windage on mine shoots a little left, but elevation right on with stock Colt Commander front sight...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.