Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new, un-turned, unfired, Colt Custom Shop, hard chrome, Detective Special. I have fired gun 18 times, first 12 standard + last 6 +p. It is very hard to push extracter to eject fired cases. Standard 38 special, less hard to extract than +p. Seems to be 2 cases binding with standard loads. 4 cases binding with +p. They all move easy (fall out) for about the first 1/8-1/4 inch then stick. Standard loads I can dig them out with fingers. +p have to use wood dowel to push them out. Inside cylinder seems smooth + have cleaned each chamber very well. No change. Should I send this thing to Colt? Should I purchase a hone from Brownells + hone the cylinders? What would you do?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I'd send it back to Colt.
If you hone the chambers and that isn't the problem, or it makes it worse, you've ruined the cylinder and wasted money on the hone tooling.

Colt will diagnose and repair the problem and return it to you in 100% factory adjustment condition.
If it's a factory defect, they might repair it for free even though it's out of warranty.
In either case, it'll get fixed right with no guess work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts