Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Newbie to this site..
Waiting for the waiting period to end is driving me crazy.........it's a short trip anyway.
I am curious as to anyone who owns and carries this Kimber as to what holsters and what type you use IWB or OWB and the like.
I just recieved confirmation that Sidearmor does not make a 1911 in left hand. Oh yeah, I am a lefty if that matters.
I do have a CCW and want to carry .
Looking forward to your replies and suggestions.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Outside of Ky-Tac that requires a fair wait?
If you're willing to pay the $60 or so for better Kydex you might as well get hand-crafted & formed to the exact gun Kydex like Frank Spezzano makes @ http://www.cen-dex.com
IMO the mass produced stuff isn't worth the high $ they try to get. A reasonably priced Kydex holster that IS hand-formed & made comes from this Forum's own Mike Benedict @ http://www.talontactical.com
All 3 make LH gear too!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pistolero on 2001-10-27 01:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
896 Posts
Dawgry:
Welcome to the forum! Lots to learn here from some pretty talented folks. Personally, I like leather, and there are many good choices out there. For IWB carry, I'd suggest you look at the "GWH", made by Lou Alessi and offered for sale by Dane (who, I believe, also designed it). Don't know for sure if it's offered for lefties, but suspect that it is. I also happen to really like the "NSA" by Galco. Not for everybody, but works for me. Also like the "Summer Special" by Milt Sparks. Bottom line is to look and try out as many as you can, and pick what you think will work best for you. Chances are, however, that you'll still refine your choices as the years go by, AKA the infamous "holster box". HTH.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dpcdivr on 2001-10-27 17:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks eveyone........ I appreciate your opinions and suggestions.
I currently carry a (glock.....sorry about that) in a Blade Tech and am content with it's perfomance and comfort. Might try them agian. I will also look into the suggestions here regarding Frank's and Mike's Kydex offerings.
Thanks

Be safe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.