Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I've been lurking around for a while now reading everyobody's posts and gathering the opinions I needed to confirm my own suspicions: the Kimber is one helluva gun.

I bought the Kimber Custom II (basic black finish) at the end of August. When I broke it in, I put about 500 rounds through it, with only three FTF's because I had accidentally overlubed it a bit (so actually it was more like a double feed). Corrected that problem, and kept powering through.

I hit everything within a 6" group at about 25 yards all day long. Wasn't quite used to the sights, which I'm gonna change out anyway, but still did admirably.

I love this gun!! I bought it to take with me to Front Sight in January. Seems like it'll be the perfect companion.

The only bad part is that I broke my knee right after I broke in the gun (unrelated, I promise) so I've had to wait from September 2nd until last weekend to shoot it again. And it keeps getting better.

There. I'll shut up now, but I had to share with the group. :smile:

-Nathan

·
Registered
27 Posts
i heard that ren_man. i love my pro carry just go an ultra for my girl for x-mas. and have a custom royal on order. i have nothing bad to say about kimber's products. happy shooting.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What exactly did you do to your knee and how? I completely shredded my ACL and tore both the L and R meniscus on my right knee. Took 4 hours of surgery to repair and they really had to open it up. Right now I have a previously living person's ligament in it with 2 very well set screws holding it down. After a couple months of PT, I was playing pickup b-ball again with a brace. I was 22 at the time so that probably sped up the recovery time a little.

Anyways, just make sure your 100% before taking the Frontsight course, you'll probably be the one to go first before the Kimber does...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a condile fracture back in 1996. They screwed the little chunk of bone back in, but the screws were backing out.

So the doctor took the whole thing out. Funny (now) part was that he had been given the wrong sized screwdriver, and had to work them out with the arthroscopic equivalent of pliers. My knee is actually stronger now than it was a few months before the surgery. Total recovery won't be for at least another month, though, as the muscles in the thigh and calf have atrophied a bit.

Anyway, I plan to bring knee pads to Frontsight. Hopefully there's no rule against that there. :smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.