Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the "new breed" from SVI. It's the one pictured on the SVI websight with the Scheuman tri-brid barrel and titanium compensator. Its much lighter and shorter than the a traditional configuration race gun, I suppose for better "pointability". I've shot it few times, once in a match and it seems to work well although I've yet to thoroughly wring it out and also get the opinion of some shooters who are more experienced than me (I've been a limited class kind-a-guy until now!) Does anyone else own one of these critters and if so, what do you think about it? Any observations, load data etc... would be appreciated. I hear alot of slow burning powder is the way to go ie; 3N37 or 3N38.

John

·
Registered
548 Posts
I got mine about a month ago. After less than 200 rounds, the guide rod plug blew out. SV did send me a replacement though. Took longer than it should have, but yet, it did show up.

I like it a lot. Light open guns are usually handful to shoot and hard on the elbows. This 37 ounce gun kicks less/softer than my old 47 ounce brick. It points great and swings fast.

If you hold it too hard, you will dot dip on recoil. Just relax a little.

I am using 11.0 gns of SP-2 with a 115 and TJ brass. As soon as I run out of SP-2 I will switch to 3N38 and 124's. I haven’t switched out to an AFTEC extractor yet. If it starts giving me fits, the AFTEC will go in.

Don’t forget to lock-tite the holy hell out of your scope mount. Mine shot loose in a hurry.

Enjoy it. I know I am. I haven’t shot open in years other than GSSF Glocks.

If I find any good pet loads, I will post them here.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
548 Posts
3N38 seems to be softer than N350 at equal power factors.

How is your new toy running? Tearing up the other shooters yet? Or at least deafening them with all that blast...

Tom
AF Shooting Team

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.