Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I posted about an idea I had for a new type of installation for a Bo-Mar rear sight. After finding a willing (and very talented) smith/machinist these are the results.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Am I missing something. Good looking install but how exactly do you adjust for
windage? Is the blade tappered in someway that allows for the movement?
Tim

·
Registered
705 Posts
On 2001-10-29 20:38, Randall_1611 wrote:
Kentucky windage! :roll:
If so, then the reason for Bomars eludes me!

:???:

Tim

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's hard to tell in the pictures, but the blade has been narrowed to allow it to be windage adjusted. Really, once it's sighted in a Bo-Mar is just a fixed sight anyway when used in this application (IPSC). I just wanted something kind of original that was functional as well.

Also, many competitors narrow the sight blade to better see other targets and such. While narrowed, my sight blade is still wider than the one in the pic below (at least along the top edge anyway), which shows a common IPSC sight modification.
Bottom line, I just wanted something that looked really cool that still worked, and I think that's what I got.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hhsmiley on 2001-10-29 23:53 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.