Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. Attended a shooting session with Rob Leatham yesterday. Before the shooting began he showed me some new Wilson mags he's now using. He indicated that these are pre-production units, which feature a new mag body, with feed lips which to me looked very similar to CMC power mags. Very interesting. Anyone else seen/using these? They worked flawlessly during yesterday's session.
BTW, got to watch Rob's 5" gun continually stop running, due to a failing shock-buff. Yes, it CAN happen! Also got to observe what he said was his fastest El' Presidente run ever, with an iron-sighted Springfield Longslide in 45ACP. I'd quote you his exact time, but can't remember for sure and don't want to mis-quote, as I was busy picking up my jaw off the deck. Amazing...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dpcdivr on 2001-06-30 13:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hmm, I've never had a problem with the Wilson's I've got.
The Powermag and those new Les Baer mags are rip-off's (possibly improved rip-offs, but still :smile: of the Wilson's anyway IMO.
How many rounds did the buff have on it?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On 2001-06-30 19:35, VoceNoctum wrote: How many rounds did the buff have on it?
Can't answer. Rob relayed that he's had a problem with the feed lips some times opening up, causing pitch angle of ammo to change, thus causing FTF's. I agree with him that CMC Power Mags do have a better mag body design, while Wilson has the better follower. Perhaps this is a move by Wilson to acheive the best of both?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.