Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems many holster makers (there are others beside Mr Alessi and Mr Kanaley?) do not offer a nice, rich brown. Sparks does offer a sort of natural tan... Since I prefer deep brown as a belt/holster colour I wondered.

Totally unrelated, and, at the current time not important as I do not have the gun, but who is the person to look to for a secure outdoor holster for a Bowen Nimrod?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Four2Niner,

Go ahead and make that check out to Alessi Holsters, Inc.

Lou has outlined on several occasions the care and upkeep of leather holsters. You won't be surprised much by the directions either. You already know most of it.

"All cats are gray in the dark" - Benjamin Franklin.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShortRound on 2001-08-23 19:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
34 Posts
four 2 niner , I have never had to polish my Sharkskin in black color in the four years that I have had it , only the edges of the belt 2 times in 4 years . as for cleaning Shark guess what I use , a wet rag . If Sharkskin gets scratched up you can wet it and the marks go away . By the way You can roll in the dirt with Sharkskin and it stays nice like its armored almost . As for the leather , yes KIWI is what I use and always have . Have not used the parade gloss as you have just plain black Shoe polish from the foam tipped applicater bottles . We do offer differant colors of brown and the medium brown shark is beautiful as Nathan will soon show us .

·
Registered
34 Posts
Also for maintaining your black leather , wipe down with a lightly dampened cloth allow to dry then apply your KIWI then allow to dry again , then you need to rub it with paper towel or Panty hose ( hose work best just dont get caught ) This removes the film and helps pants bleed off . I cant recall ever having to refinish my Rafter S gear the two years I wore leather . Its so much easier to keep Sharkskin and when you figure in maintenance cost and time its Cheaper . By the way our stuff is coated with a protective coating that wears very well .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.