Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came across a slightly used High Power ‘SpecOps’ built by Novak's. Pistol was a mark 3 model assembled in Portugal. The pistol had what I thought was an unusual feature in that it had two holes (about 1/8th inch diameter) drilled through the cross-section of the slide where the slide serrations are. Anyone have any idea why these would be there or it’s purpose? With the slide locked back you could see straight through the holes.

Thanks,
CS200

·
Registered
72 Posts
Look closely in the hole and you will see a roll pin. The lever that "connects" the trigger mechnism to the sear pivots on this pin. You can clearly see this when the slide is off the frame.

Hope this helps.

Good shooting

CCV

·
Registered
876 Posts
The reason there are TWO holes is because they redrilled the slide to move the pivot point and increase the leverage against the sear as part of the trigger job. Cylinder and Slide makes a new sear bar for that, I don't know if Novak uses theirs or makes his own.

·
Registered
580 Posts
On 2001-11-07 19:24, Chandlersniper200 wrote:
I recently came across a slightly used High Power ‘SpecOps’ built by Novak's. ......it had two holes (about 1/8th inch diameter) drilled through the cross-section of the slide where the slide serrations are
Thanks,
CS200
Probably is C&S's Imp. Sear Lever. Novak's will install same but also don't think it works as adv. with any consistancy.

http://shop.cylinder-slide.com/clickcar ... g001lg.jpg

9B077 Improved Sear Lever for Lighter Trigger Pull Installed on MKIII. Reduces trigger pull approximately 1.5 - 2 lbs. 81.75
9B100 Improved Sear Lever for Lighter Trigger Pull Installed on Pre MKIII. Reduces trigger pull approximately 1.5 - 2 lbs. 105.00

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/custom.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pistolero on 2001-11-08 11:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yup, that's probably a C&S sear and sear bar in it. I have a "two-holer." I had my gunsmith install both the C&S sear and lever and have never looked back. The trigger pull is light and sweet with a very crisp break. There's still the long HP take-up, but it does make a world of difference in the way the gun shoots.

Chad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.