Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at picking up an Officers size 1911 for intermittent carry and the range. Besides the stopping power of the 45 is there anything else I should consider in picking one caliber size over the other for this size frame? I've heard enough good things about 9x23 that I'm thinking an Officers size pistol might shoot more comfortably and accurately in the 9mm. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I've heard enough good things about 9x23 that I'm thinking an Officers size pistol might shoot more comfortably and accurately in the 9mm.

Accuracy? Maybe but the difference is not going to be something to write home about in a Commander. The 9x23 will be more reliable no doubt but also harder to shoot. Metalform did a run of mags. I have 50 for a Officer's size 9x23 or 38 Super.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have a 9x23 built from a caspian officer frame and a caspian commander slide. It is very accurate and the recoil is easier to handle than a 45 counterpart. If you don't want to carry full load 9x23's you can also run the Blazer 9mm Largo. I'd carry this gun anywhere. I'm using the Metalform 38 super officers mags, They work fine. I had to tweek one of the followers, but no problems since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.