Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel it may be helpful to post sources of real information as it relates to firearms effectivenss. I recieve email asking for my sources quite often and as needed I would like to post these resources:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jim Higginbotham on 2001-04-14 15:08 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Thanks David...:wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have noted that some writers in the "advertising business" fail to list the wide variations in effectiveness of seperate lot numbers of the "same" ammunition, in great part this can be traced back to legislative changes in laws regulating the manufacturer and the proposed regualtions like Taggants.
Below is a short link that includes an interesting statement on taggants and the effects they can have on ballistics and indirectly wound ballistics.
http://www.fas.org/irp/congress/1995_hr/h950612-3d.htm

·
Registered
705 Posts
Interesting reading David. I too am aware of the wide variances in many of the advertised stats vs. actual delivered ones. Are taggants being used now and if so, are you saying this might be part of the wide variances being found by consumers?

DD

·
Registered
20 Posts
David DiFabio wrote:
This is the most requested source/article I use. It is over 600 pages and does contain official edits: http://foia.fbi.gov/shooting.htm</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
On the other hand, if you'd like to know what really happened on 11 April 1986, see if you can latch onto a copy of French Anderson's privately printed Forensic Analysis… in one respect it actually makes the FBI look a bit better than their silly attempts at "spin control" with their entertaining but disingenuous Firefight video.

There's an illustrated report on Dr. Anderson's brilliant book at The Ultimate After Action Report!, and in a sidebar Charlie Petty discusses the ramifications of that devastating event in respects to handgun munitions development.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the FBI spent $11 million dollars of my and your money to investigate and address the issues. I felt it justified to at least get to read their official report. "Spin" in this case is a matter of subjection. It is the "Official" source and I tend not to believe that my Government and the Justice Department plan to lie to me, they may not always disclose everything and I can respect the need for non-disclosure in every single detail.
The men and women of the FBI FTU are people of very high caliber and they are pretty good at telling the truth.

·
Registered
20 Posts
David DiFabio wrote:
Well, the FBI spent $11 million dollars of my and your money to investigate and address the issues.
Are we discussing the same thing? Your link goes to the redacted Miami report.

I felt it justified to at least get to read their official report. "Spin" in this case is a matter of subjection. It is the "Official" source and I tend not to believe that my Government and the Justice Department plan to lie to me…
I saw in another of your posts that you have a problem generating "emoticons/smilies," so I'm going to assume that you, like Akim Tamiroff, "mekka beeg joka," yes?

The men and women of the FBI FTU are people of very high caliber and they are pretty good at telling the truth.
This is curiously irrelevant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts