Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Wondering what (especially Mr. Burns and other smiths)thought of the "Pointman" by Krebs Custom. Have any of you inspected it? What is the quality of the parts, etc?
thanks,

-Mike

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
You have seen Tom's reply and I have seen Tom's pistol.

The parts are in general the same as used in a basic Kimber. (frame and slide and internals) The front strap treatment is original.

Any number of us (BCP, Nowlin, Krebs) offer upgraded guns based on the Jericho/Kimber parts and or guns.

Krebs is known for doing excellent 1911 work.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your (very) quick response. I was actually thinking more comparitively, such as your FED package to the point man... I realize that you wouldn't want to put down anyone, but I was looking for an honest comparision in quality, atention to detail etc....thanks agian!

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I build a customer's FED from your Kimber. I do it one at a time, by myself. I build it the way I would want my personal gun built. You have the ability to pick my brain on the subject and detail your gun exactly the way you decide you want it built.

I am in the process of building some production FEDs that were offered through P-T Partners. That is not the same gun that you can get from me if you have your own FED built in my shop.

The difference? Simply, the details.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
One is built to my spec at a specific price point the other is built to yours.

Example? You may choose a BarSto, while I use a barrel made specifically for me. You may choose the "WAVE" or checkering while the gun comes with 30 lpi serrations. I fit wood grips, you may want Micarta or Carbon Fiber.

The production gun is a production gun with no options other than finish or night sights. Hence the price point. A custom FED from my shop has no limits on up grades or price point. Production gun you wait less than 6 months, custom FED has year wait.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.