Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purchasing my first 1911 (yes, I finally did the inevitable but I still love my Glocks) and now I need a holster. My criteria are as follows:

Leather, RH, open top, pancake style, $80 max.

The Wilsons look pretty nice. Any opinions?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Have had several of Wilson's holsters. Some appear to be made by Safariland and others by ? The quality is there but design does not seem of equal expertise between their different models, by only my experience. Think you'd be better served for the $ by going with Lou's gear or one of the big names whose biz is ONLY Holster making.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have a Wilson Tigershark paddle holster for my issue G-19. I pilot a desk a lot, and always carry an issue G-26 in a pocket holster, so don't feel the need to lug around the G-19 while in the office. The Tigershark is probably made by Safariland. Wilson's belts are real nice, too. This is the only paddle holster I've used that actually stays where it's initially put.
As for pancake holsters, the Wilson offering appears to put the gun a little too high. Wilson stands behind their stuff 100 percent. If you don't like it after you put it on for the first time, they'll take it back. (They even took back a belt that I found to be a little too short for the length ordered.) I'd also look at Alessi or Sparks for a pancake holster. You can't go wrong with any of the three brands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.