Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about trying to trade two or my present toys for a new one. I would appreciate any opinions. I am really not trolling for an offer here. Just wonder what others think of the idea. Would I be crazy to offer it? Would someone have to be crazy to accept? etc.

What would you think of offering to trade a Baer Concept VII with 200 rounds thru it and a new gunsite GSP2000 for a Wilson CQB? Thanks.

· Registered
139 Posts
I agree with pkrckr never get rid of a 1911 unless you don't like it. Keep both and get the CQB. I have a CQB and it is a piece of art. Shoots better than me.

Good luck with your decision.
Long live the 1911

· Registered
55 Posts
Try this: PISS POOR

I have a hard time believing that a wilson could be that much better than what you have.

If the only way I could get a CQB was to trade 2 guns for one, I hope that some one would hit me in the head and knock some sense into me.

However human nature being what it is, then nothing that anyone says will probably influence you one way or the other.

· Registered
658 Posts
Agree with all above. With the value of your existing guns, sell both if you want, use money to buy a used (or new) Wilson and put the rest toward your next gun!

Maybe I can see a straight trade (1 for 1) but not this two for one deal!

· Registered
3,552 Posts
Dude! I'll trade you one of mine for those two :grin:

That should tell you something! Dick must be out dancing or I suspect he'd already own your two guns :wink:

In straight talk...bad idea, bad trade.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-09-07 19:13 ]</font>

· Registered
388 Posts
I had a CQB and I would trade you for those 2 in a minute! The CQB is a Fine weapon but needs about $1200 worth of work on it to make it perfect.

You will soon see what a CQB should be. :grin:

Don’t trade, you will be disappointed.

Regards,
Shay

· Registered
112 Posts
valkyrie.rider,

I've found the following truths hold true about 98% of the time, hence the commonality in the responses you've been receiving here.

1. The sale or trade of any fine firearm from your personal collection will almost always be regretted later. This is especially true in the case of 1911s. I learned my lesson after selling/trading off guns like my Colt AR-15A2 carbine and HK P7M13 -- and I don't intend to repeat those same mistakes with any of my 1911s.

2. One can never have too many 1911s. It really is true. While your preferences and tastes may change somewhat with the passage of time, you will probably find yourself becoming increasingly fond of both of your current 1911s. These things just tend to "grow" on you. Keeping them now also gives you a lot more options down the road.

As your interest and shooting styles change, you will learn to appreciate the fact that you have more than one or two guns to work with, and you can optimize them accordingly (i.e. one for bullseye, one for IDPA/carry, etc., etc.).

No sense in living with regrets ... keep both the Baer and the GSP, and start saving up for that Wilson. It may take a lot longer to add a CQB to your collection than you would like, but in the end you'll be a much, much happier man.

Can I get an "Amen?" :smile:

Chuck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StormMaster on 2001-09-08 10:40 ]</font>

G

·
Bad trade, that really is borderline piracy.

I would avoid the dealer/individual that almost scalped you, drew blood, and gave you a thorough rectile probing.

Seriously, the CQB is as good as either gun but nowhere near superior to both of them.

I'm very interested to see the new piece Shay, when will we get to see it?

· Registered
112 Posts
... one can never have too many 1911s ...
Oops! Just saw David DiFabio's post, and it occurs to me that I may be wrong on this point.

From what I've gathered over the past year, if DiF only used one 1911 from his private collection per week ("Gun of the Week"?), it would still take him more than two years to get back around to the beginning. Now THAT might qualify as "too many" -- but, of course, I wouldn't mind trying it out myself. :grin:

Chuck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StormMaster on 2001-09-08 14:24 ]</font>

· Registered
68 Posts
On 2001-09-07 19:20, Shay wrote:
I had a CQB and I would trade you for those 2 in a minute! The CQB is a Fine weapon but needs about $1200 worth of work on it to make it perfect.

You will soon see what a CQB should be. :grin:
Now that's some high standards :grin:

· Registered
240 Posts
I would think that the 2 weapons you have right now would fill your needs. Filling your wants would be something else again. A backup to your main weapon is what you currently have. I wouldn't trade that down to one weapon.

Unless of course, you are just collecting guns.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.