Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to mate an old P226 frame (Herndon, VA era) to a new stainless p226 slide? The slide that came with the pistol has a hairline crack where the breech block sits. My friend has a spare stainless slide (nitron black, exeter NH stamped). I would NOT dare to fit it unless i know that both the old frame and the new slide are compatible.

G

·
I've heard on many circles that putting different slides and frames together can be a recipe for disaster. Many manufacturers use "matched frame and slide" and "frame and slide kept together throughout the whole process" as a selling point. My guess would be to have them checked by a gunsmith first. You may hit gold with the pair. Good luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
refit/factory rebuilds

actually, we did refit a few that way that were traded back from l.e. sources. no real issues for the most part. the best bet is to try them for fit, and use a new recoil spring for best fit. while there are some differences in machining between the two , generally they match well "stock to stock". if it seems egregiously loose or overly tight , the factory has always prided itself on customer service , and will , i'm sure be glad to help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts