Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a P229 with barrels in both 357sig and .40. I have the Wolff recoil spring set (17#, 19#, 21#) and was wondering if I was right in thinking that the stock spring is simply a compromise, and it's a good idea to match the spring to the load. From what I understand, the stock spring is 16#. The 357sig works well with the 21#er, so it must batter the hell out of the frame with the stock spring, right? I asked this question elsewhere and was told that Sig knows what they are doing and should use what they supplied. If that's the case, sights, grips, and finishes should never be changed, correct?

·
Registered
580 Posts
"My" best advice? Talk with either or both Wolff's & one of Sig, Exeter's "Smiths. Wolff's cat. page @ http://gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/SigArmsNF.html
R/R grips, sights & mags {so long as they are Mec-Gar's}usually presents no problem. Sig will redo/upgrade some of the finishes they use in-house. Chromium S like Metalife
does well for their slides but as the frames
are aluminum require special but not expensive prep for hard chrome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.