Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? I have been thinking of selling my P7M8 refurb and using the money to buy a Glock 36. Can anyone post pics of the two side my side? I was thinking of using the Glock when the 1911 is a little to large to conceal, any thoughts?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I own eight Glocks and two P7M8s. If I were you, I'd find a way to keep your P7M8 and then buy either the Glock 30 or 36. Even if you end up liking the Glock 30 or 36, you'll soon regret selling your P7M8. Try both out before buying -- fondle them at least, and shoot them if possible -- then decide. One of my favorite Glocks is the Glock 29 (compact 10mm). I also have the Glock 30, which is the same size but in .45 Auto, but I prefer shooting the 10mm one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the Glock 29/30 frame size is way to fat for my hands which are on the smaller size. I was thinking that with the trade I could standardize for one caliber and have some spending money left over after the trade. It seems as if the Glock 36 and H&K should be about the same size...I don't know what I am going to do.

Well all I am going to Poland tomorrow and won't be back till the end of the month. Please keep the replies coming, but it will be a while before I can respond back :smile:.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm going to go against the grain here even for me and pick the G36 as you indicated something in your reply.
In your post you indicated that you would standardize on calibers hopefully this means that you would practice more and it leads me to believe that you have grown tired of the P7M8.
If purchasing a new G36 will re-affirm your confidence and desire to prcatice and shoot it I am all for it.
Both are fine firearms and I have been carrying a G36 with Heinie sights fro the past several weeks and I am quite found of it.
I must note that from an investment/collector perspective a Glock for HK trade is a bad deal.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I just got a reloader and plan to start reloading for the .45 to go with a customized 1911 I am about to have done, so i will be set up to reload .45. It is a progressive and the time and money switching back and forth won't exactly be convient. I am also kinda hard up for the money right now and the extra money I could get when selling the H&K and buying the Glock is looking more and more appealing.

We'll see what happends when i get back, I'm off for now, see you all in a couple of weeks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts