Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a question for the masses on your feeling.
Para’s LDA was G&A Gun of the year, how do you (the shooting pubic) feel about this concept?
I personally shot it this afternoon and found the DA pull very, very light. I personally like the traditional SA of a 1911 and will not get one of these LDA.
So let’s hear what you really feel.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hello. I was surprised at how light the DAO trigger on this gun is. I prefer the standard old SA 1911 trigger, however. I do see these being a solution for the fellows wanting to carry a 1911 type pistol in LE work, but being limited only to a DA or DAO semi. Plus, they get the thumb safety that works in the right direction.

Best.

·
Registered
96 Posts
On 2001-06-01 21:55, Stephen A. Camp wrote:
Hello. I was surprised at how light the DAO trigger on this gun is. I prefer the standard old SA 1911 trigger, however. I do see these being a solution for the fellows wanting to carry a 1911 type pistol in LE work, but being limited only to a DA or DAO semi. Plus, they get the thumb safety that works in the right direction.

Best.
I agree about the light trigger.I thought I was taking up the slack in the D/A trigger.When all of the sudden KA-BOOM.I would consider this gun if D/A was a requirement.

·
Registered
934 Posts
What bodeen said. A side note. I saw some new LDA's today. Para-Ordnance is coming out with a line of single stack LDA models this year. The fit and finish weren't bad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like them. I had George at EGW do a trigger job and a NM bushing. It will rival any 1911 trigger out there. It it the ticket for production class and SSP. Makes a fine carry gun too.
Hard to argue with 17 rounds of 155 gr Hydra-shoks. If you get one it is worth it to send it off to George. The guy does an incredible job on these things!

·
Registered
5 Posts
After i got my LDA 14.45 i kinda wondered what problem i was trying to solve. The trigger is a bit light to carry with safety off, so why not a SA 1911? Anyway great trigger tho the reset seems to get confused sometimes. Very accurate. Runs good now that i've replaced the mag springs with wollfs. Front sight flew off the other day. Not ready to trust it with defense but have not written it off yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Curt,
I still carry mine with the safety on. Just one more thing to buy time if you are the victim of a take away. It doesn't add any time to the first shot anyway! The Para front sights are a problem. I went with the EGW fiber optic. What type of trigger reset problems are you having? I have two matches with this one and about 300 rounds of practice with zero malfunctions. Of course I had George polish throat and generally work his magic. If it jammed I'd probably go into shock. If you keep having problems give him a call. They are new so not too many people working on them. He does a great job on it. I got all kinds of good comments on it at the match Sat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
recon. I can't really describe my trigger problem, all i know is i pull and no boom, its possible i'm short stroking. I'm a little paranoid cause with ~150 rds through it the trigger bound up and i had to send it back. They fixed it but wouldn't tell me what they did. I think i'll pass on the FO sights, i tried one on my Glock 35 and wasn't impressed, the short length didn't seem to pick up much ambient light, course maybe the tritium vial embeded in it was part of it. Was the difference in trigger after the EGW job major? IT seems good out of the box.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recon and others,
Do any of you use the LDA for IPSC/IDPA, etc? I flinch w/ my Kimber triggers (and shotgun--but I have release triggers for that). Am considering swithching to an LDA single stack. I have a revolver w/ a great trigger job, and love the longer trigger pull. The LDA may be just what I am looking for.
I shoot IPSC Limited for fun and practical handgun skills, not to win the nationals--may carry some day--and I like the idea of carying the LDA. Thanks for the advice.
Drano

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry been busy at work. I bought the LDA for Production and IDPA. I shot two IPSC matches and one IDPA. It runs real good. I thing it will be the shit in SSP and Production. Almost like cheating! I like it so much that it replaced my 1911 SA as my off duty now. Hard to argue with 17 rnds of 155 Fed. HS. Yes the trigger is a lot better after George worked on it. He left the mainspring stock or the trigger would be even lighter. It is as slick as the last weasel in the WH. I wouldn't let anyone else work on my guns but George.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you take an LDA apart you'll find a whole bunch of small flimsey poorly made and finished parts in the trigger system. No way would I ever trust one after seeing whats in there. I think this thing has been hyped to the maxx. Give me the regular ole 1911 system.

JJ

·
Registered
35 Posts
have a 22xx serial number one which had to be sent back at about 2400 rounds for trigger not resetting - they replace the drawbar/etc and since then 6500+ rds now no/none/nada problems. wife is lefty and she doesn't practice as much as she should/could so this is a ideal ccw pistol for her. the way she shoots at 10 yds she doesn't need that much practice lol its a 1911 glock with the thumb safety

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.