Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently inherited a P14. What is a good source for after market parts?
Are many of the parts common with single stack 1911's?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up a 16/40 Ltd a few months ago to use for IPSC and have done a lot of work to it. Although I like my Para, it is simply a fact of life that a lot of the components on these guns are pieces of crap. The sear, hammer, ambi-safety, slide stop and the disconnector are all Ed Brown. Two-piece Guide rod is from EGW. Smith&Alexander mag well. Gun Craft trigger and mag release. Of course, all of these components are of the "user friendly drop-in" variety like Shane said. In other words, get yourself a good set of files and a Dremel tool with a load of cutting and grinding bits (I would guess that only once in every twenty times do "drop-in" parts actually drop in). Nonetheless, Paras a pretty good pieces, especially if you don't mind buying them as a start to a semi-custom gun and can do most of the work yourself. Most of the time they just don't compare to a Kimber or Springfield Armory, let alone a Wilson, STI or SVI.
Good Shooting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.