Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on using the Para-Ordnance frame as a base for a 10mm? I've heard of a few people converting the P16.40 to 10mm, and was wondering how well the frame would hold up.

Gracias-
BB

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah, no problem. P16 mags work fine. No you have to face the dilemma, ramped bbl. or regular bbl.?
You wont need the ramped bbl for the 10mm, and if you decide to go with the ramped bbl, make sure you find a 'smith that knows how to set up the gun properly. You may find that some smiths charge more for Para work, due to the cosmetic work needed for some of the frames and the "cleaning" up that needs to be done. Good luck and enjoy the caliber. DougC

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi, I have a P16 and it has been converted to 10mm with and a ramped Ed Brown barrel.

I have had not complaints at all with this pistol in either caliber. It has proven to be nicely accurate in .40S&W and even more so in 10mm. I have about 1100 rounds through the pistol (800 in .40S&W, the rest in 10mm) and I have not had a problem.

The mags work fine with either caliber. I did replace the recoil spring to a 24lb spring and the mag springs were replaced to the Wolff +10%.

Derek

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.