Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently examined one of the new Para Ordnance LDA 7 pistols and was surprised to find that the trigger pull really is short and light (by double action standards). In fact, it's so light that I have to wonder if this pistol will ignite primers as reliably as a standard 1911. Has anyone here looked into this?

Also, the trigger bar of the LDA runs along the right side of the frame where most of the right frame rail would normally be. How seriously does this weaken the pistol?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been carrying and shooting a LDA 14-40 for almost 2 years now, no problems at all.

I shoot it prob 3 to 400 rds a month, in practice and in IDPA SSP division.

I have never had it fail to shoot.

Pecos

·
Registered
3 Posts
There a couple active in Production at the local IPSC matches. I believe they are both double stack guns. The .45 has had the action worked and is said to be unbelieveably smooth and light. To my knowledge he has had no problems. The other gun is a 9mm, he has it at EGW (I think) for an action job.

I guess that for competition (even in "Production") a wide body works better. Bigger opening for mag changes, and in .40 and .45 you wouldn't get a 10 round mag that is legal in a single stack.

I bought a Glock to try Production and I just can't get the hang of the "staple-gun" trigger. I just picked up a Beretta to give it a go. I had really poor customer service with a P-16 and have sworn that Para would never sell me another gun. Fortunately for them they don't need my business, it appears they are selling everything they can make.

Except for competing in another division or fulfilling a Department's requirements, a DAO semi auto seems to me to be the wrong answer. With proper training and practice it is no safer than a single action pistol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have not shot the LDA, therefore have no opinion on reliability. However, I have had VERY GOOD customer service from Para Ord. I had an old pre ban P 14 magazine that stopped working. I mean really old: it came with the old alloy frame kit. Received a brand new magazine by return mail. No charge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Para Ordnance service

While I'd agree that a free replacement on a magazine that's years old is nice , it takes very little to throw another mag in a package and ship it out. Standing behind an $800 (plus) pistol is, in my mind, the minimum to be considered merely Good Customer Service. And they failed.

Congratulations on receiving the same level of service that Wilson would provide on a $25 magazine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.