Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed peening on both sides of the slide on my Glock 22 near the ejection port. I have heard that these little metal ridges can prevent the weapon from fully going into battery. Is there any reason why I shouldn't take a stone and smooth off the metal ridges made by the slide rubbing on the barrel assembly?

·
Registered
326 Posts
At Glock's armourer's course they say this is cause by the slide impacting the locking block, is most noticeable in the .40s
and 10mms, and is nothing to worry about. My old G22 is really chipped-up in this area and still functions fine. With the Rockwell Hardness of a Glock slide, I think you'd have a tough time smoothing it, and may do more harm than good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mark Garrity on 2001-08-06 13:59 ]</font>

·
Registered
18 Posts
my dept carries glock 22's and they all have this. the chief was a little worried at first but he talked to someone who said to simply not worry about it.

it has not seemed to affect the guns at all.

i will say that when i did carry a glock on duty, i carried a glock 21 with about 1500 rounds through it and never saw this. very odd....

but i wouldn't worry about those if i were you, it doesn't seem to hender anything

russel the cop

·
Registered
32 Posts
Regarding the Glock 22, this is indeed normal. I own the same pistol and am also a Glock armorer. This is normal. I would not touch that section of the gun in sanding, filing the burrs down.

Just do what is required(reg maintenance, etc) and keep shooting.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Some do it more than others, some not at all. I've had G17/19s do it a lot, G23/32s not at all.

Saw a police trade-in from the Missouri HP that looked like somebody whacked it with a chisel; still worked fine.

Tenifer hardens the surface, but the peening goes deeper than the finish. The metal underneath is not nearly that hard; a file will smooth it out easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.